Thursday, December 18, 2008

We Have Felt our First Sub Zero Days





It has been COOOLLLDD!! We have had a few days in sub zero temps when I have gotten up to go to work in the early morning hours. Anchorage temps are a little more mild than in Eagle River. Eagle River, being inland from the coast a few more miles than Anchorage is about 3-5 degrees colder. I actually made the mistake to wash our car when it was only about 10 degrees. The water almost instantly froze when it hit the car. I went to one of those car washes that you pull your car into an enclosed port and use the high-powered jet gun. I guess it was just too cold, even with the water being hot coming out of the jet.
We are making the most of it, however. We had a warmer day a while ago, that we took advantage of. We took Jaycie sledding for her first time. There is a gentle sloped hill just behind our house that is perfect for little ones. Jaycie had a great time. So did Mom and Dad. We can't wait to go again, but we need it to be at least 25 degrees.
We are also planning on going to the local ski resort. We have some neighbors that are going to swap babysitting duties with us so we can both have some ski and snowboarding outings. As you can imagine we are looking forwarding to getting out on the slopes.

1 comment:

Shawnalee said...

Wow, that is cold! TOO COLD!. It's about 25 degrees here in Utah. a little colder than I want it.

Jaycie is getting so big. She looks so cute! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. It is so beautiful in Alaska.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!